Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's never a bad time for molasses cookies

Apparently I've been on a cooking/baking roll lately. I tried a molasses recipe today to take to a party, and they were a huge hit! I finished off the leftovers on my drive home (whoops). They go down easily :)

Molasses Cookies (my new favorite, I have to say)
  • 3/4 cup margarine, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar (or 1/2 c brown and 1/2 c white)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 cup white sugar (for rolling the cookies)
Mix all ingredients together and cool dough in fridge for 1/2-1 hour. Preheat oven to 375F and roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll in white sugar. Place a couple of inches apart and don't flatten. Bake 7 minutes for nice, gooey cookies, and 8 minutes if you like your cookie a little more done. The bigger the cookie you want to make, increase bake time slightly (my last sheet was 1 1/4 inch-ish and I baked them 8.5 minutes, I think). Cool and enjoy! This recipe will make about 4 dozen small cookies (and you'll eat them all).

No comments:

Post a Comment