Thursday, March 25, 2010

Who doesn't love TJs?

I don't know if you ladies are near a Trader Joe's, but I've found as a teacher and a vegetarian (well, pescatarian) that I can subsist off of their whole wheat naan/hummus, whole wheat pizza dough and frozen options for that quick lunch or lazy dinner.

I used to think that TJs could do no wrong: cheaper produce, healthier choices and local options. But, then I tried their frozen soyrizo quiche and I had to take a step back. Then tonight I had another disappointing frozen option, so I thought, I wonder if the ladies at Eat This have tried other frozens I haven't and could save me some disappointment and money?

With that, my favorite frozen foods from TJs:
-Thai shrimp gyoza
-Cheese tamales
-Cheese enchilada
-Paneer tikka (their garlic naan is fantastic, too)
-Soy cream vanilla

And the ones to miss:
-Cheese/soy quiche (it will make you cry)
-Vegan Phad Thai with Tofu
-Curried Lentils (not horrific, but not awesome either)
-Breaded Cod (again, not terrible)
-Soy cream vanilla/mango mix

That's what I've got so far...most of these are probably just preferences, but I stand fully by my quiche statements. Please add to the lists if you care.

1 comment:

  1. Besides being awesome, they've committed to getting sustainable seafood

    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/all-we-can-eat/sustainable-food/trader-joes-adopts-sustainable.html

    ReplyDelete