Wednesday, November 18, 2009

pumpkin season

hi all.

sorry for the absence on here. i haven't been doing much cooking (or eating) lately - i don't think i've been grocery shopping in almost a month. tonight, i swear!

Anyhow, as Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and pumpkin is one of my favorite foods, I wanted to share my easy, low cal and delicious pumpkin recipes. I have big plans this year to make a pumpkin pie from an actual, honest to God pumpkin, so I'll definitely add that in when it happens (that fits in much better with the food ethic of this blog). Anyhow, for now:

Pumpkin Muffins

1 small can of pumpkin (or 1/2 one of those huge cans)
1 spice cake mix
1 cup applesauce
1 egg
spices to your liking (i add quite a bit of cloves and cinnamon)

Mix up, pour in muffins pans and bake at 350F for ~15 minutes, depending on how done you want them. So good and a definite crowd pleaser! I've seen dessert variations with cream cheese frosting - Oh LORD, those are amazing.

Pumpkin Mousse

SF (or not) Vanilla Pudding (prepared with milk)
1 container of Cool Whip
1 small can of pumpkin
spices (i use a lot of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg)

Fold ingredients together for a light, tasty fall treat. If you're not into Cool Whip (for good reason - who wants to eat plastic?) I bet you could try whipping up some legit whip cream instead, but it wouldn't keep (where the above recipe keeps for days).

Enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, wherever you are in the world.
KK

1 comment:

  1. Those pumpkin spice muffins kicked a$$! I couldn't believe there was no oil or butter in them! I plan on making some this holiday season (but adding some chocolate chips...)

    Thanks for posting the recipe, I was going to ask you again and totally spaced out on it.

    ReplyDelete